Thursday, September 27, 2012

Improved--or maybe just Improv...

My day did make a comeback yesterday. By 3:00, not only had I done the basics (put the groceries away, cleaned up the kitchen, made lunch, cleaned up the kitchen again, etc), but I had spent a long time just playing with Roo (yay!), made a big pot of chili (which I later enjoyed with Fritos), folded two loads of laundry, and put together a delicious baked apple treat for my big kids to have as their after-school snack. AND I did it with a good attitude--Mr. Fantastic even mentioned how happy I sounded when he called. (Should it worry me that he takes notice when I sound happy? Is it that rare?)

And if that weren't enough, I had Monkey's antics to keep me giggling in the afternoon and evening...

Monkey: "If you see me wear a black belt to school tomorrow, that's just because it's my secret agent belt. I wear it when I'm on a secret mission."
Me: "Wow! What's your mission?"
Monkey: "To figure out why so-and-so keeps chasing us on the playground at recess. First he chases me, then he starts chasing my friend."
Me: "Does that bother you?"
Monkey: "It's so much fun!!! Except that I don't really like it."
Me: "Oh. Well, you know, if you don't run, he can't chase you."
Monkey: "Yeah. But I always run."
(And yes, he DID wear his black belt--and sunglasses--to school today so that he could be a secret agent.)

Monkey (after church last night): "Lamb! Guess what! I earned three wood coins tonight. And if I earn FIVE, I get a prize. And if I earn SIX, I have to give one back and THEN I get a prize! So I want to earn SIX!"
Lamb: "What's the prize?"
Monkey: "Are you ready for this????? It's a WOODY BAG! Can you believe it?!?"
Lamb: "What's a Woody Bag?"
Monkey: "I DON'T KNOW!!!!"

1 comment:

Kendrick Brown said...

I enjoyed this post thanks for sharing