Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Firsts, part 1

I have hundreds of photos I have been dying to share with you all, but... Well, let's just say that when I look back on 2012, the two words that come to mind will be "technical difficulties." In the past year I have dropped my iPhone and shattered the screen, had major issues with my laptop (which eventually died and is awaiting its time to be shipped to Sony to see if they can do anything for me...), and now our home PC is dead too. And it waited just long enough for me to load all 600 of our vacation photos onto it before it stopped working. Thanks for that.

So... I have no vacation photos to share right now, and I'm not sure when I will. BUT it has been a huge week of firsts here at the zoo, and I wanted to share those. (I had to go to my parents' house, upload the photos there, then upload them to picasa, and now I can finally share them with you! If only I hadn't deleted my vacation photos off of my SD card!)

ANYWAY, our first first :-) was for Lamb, who started 2nd grade last Tuesday. I can't believe she is that old!!!


Although she loves school, she wasn't too thrilled about having to get up. Roo decided to help get her out of bed.



When that failed, we had to call in for back-up: Daddy and the puppy! We'll get this girl going one way or another!



Lamb's breakfast request: Cinnamon rolls, kiwi, blackberries, and raspberries. :-)



Check out this beautiful 7-year-old!






Daddy had to go to the office after he woke her up, but  of course he came to see her get on the bus!




This is truly the best family photo we got that morning. Monkey woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was NOT planning to cooperate with anything we asked of him.





Time for the bus! This part gets a LITTLE easier every year.

Well, friends, I had planned to share ALL of the firsts in this one post, but working with Blogger on the iPad is turning out to be a bit of a pain. I think I'll post this for now, and give you the next first tomorrow. Enjoy!

No comments: