Friday, September 7, 2012

Firsts, part 3: KINDERGARTEN!

Aaaaaaahhhh, it feels good to be sitting at a "real" computer with a "real" keyboard! Hopefully this time I can give you a little more commentary--not that the adorable photos of my children aren't enough. ;-)

So Lamb started school last Tuesday, then Monkey lost his first tooth that night. (By the way, he got a $2 bill. I hear that our Tooth Fairy is cheap--the national average is $3 per tooth, with some parents giving $20 or more for the first one! Monkey seemed perfectly happy with his $2 bill.) On Wednesday I enjoyed a nice day with my boys, going out to lunch, running some errands, and just hanging out.

Then on Thursday... KINDERGARTEN!!!

Monkey's breakfast request was a little more complicated than Lamb's: homemade waffles with whipped cream, blackberries, and raspberries. Whew!


 
Look how excited he is!

 

Instead of saying "cheese", he kept shouting, "FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!" every time we took a picture! :-)

 
This time our family photo was less than picture perfect for the opposite reason. Last time it was because he was grumpy, this time it was because he was so darn excited! I love it.



Waiting for the bus...
 
And this is when I lost it. Look at them holding hands! How can a mom not cry at that?!?

No comments: