Monday, September 14, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Oh friends. This has been fun--this IS fun. Writing here, meeting all of you, sharing my story and hearing yours.

I started this blog over 5 years ago now, when I was scrambling to make sense of my world and needed to process and feel like I wasn't alone--and to be honest, to share my story with many people at once, because telling it over and over felt impossible. And little by little, it got easier. And better. You let me be vulnerable here. You encouraged me. And by the grace of God, I was able to encourage some of you as well.

My kiddos were little when we started--5, 3, and just a few months old. My goodness, time flies. (Ha! That's some irony there, since I kicked off this blog by saying how much I don't like clichés!)

Now they are... much less little. 10. 8. 5. I'm shaking my head as I type. How did that happen?

They have changed tremendously. And my life has changed. And I have changed--hopefully for the better. :-)

I have been so thankful for this little corner of the blogosphere. But now it is time for that to change as well.

After 5 years, Diary of a Zookeeper will be taking a long hiatus. It won't be taken down--you can come back here and find your favorite posts, look at my sweet babies, and marvel at the fact that we all survived. But it is time to lay this little chapter to rest.

But NEVER FEAR! I am not simply leaving. I am moving on to new things, better things. Thanks to help from a wonderful sister I met through Jen Hatmaker's For the Love launch team, I have a beautiful new site! You can now find me blogging at katyepling.com. I will still be sharing my story and my family, but in a new way. You can learn more at my inaugural post, and then stick around to see what I am writing so far. And if some of the posts look familiar, they should. In addition to creating new content, I am also taking some of my Zookeeper posts, improving them, and sharing them again. I hope you will enjoy them with fresh eyes, and then pass it all along to your friends. I'd love to have you all join me on this new journey.

THANK YOU for the last 5 years. But don't go away. Come along for the next phase...

See you soon.

No comments: