First, I need to get a few things off my chest. In today's Supermom culture, it can be a bit intimidating to let our imperfections be known to each other. But I have let it build up all I can--I need to confess! Here are a few less than perfect things you may or may not have suspected about me.
I confess that...
- I sometimes use PBS Kids as a babysitter. (Um, I mean while I get housework done. Not while I actually leave the house. I'm confessing to things that are embarrassing here, not dangerous.)
- I've been known to use little white lies to get my kids to eat vegetables... like, "WHOA! When you took that bite of broccoli, your left bicep GOT BIGGER! Quick, take another bite so that your right one catches up!"
- I often drive Lamb to school wearing my PJs. (I mean, I'm wearing my PJs. Lamb is fully dressed.)
- Often, those PJs are a pair of sweats that I bought from Target in 2005, which now contain several more holes than they did when I purchased them. Including one smack dab on my rear end. (Aren't you thankful I don't walk her to the door?)
- I once got frustrated when I was reading a book and Lamb kept interrupting me. I finally looked at her and sternly said, "Would you please just STOP and give me a few minutes to read????" She asked what my book was about, and I angrily responded, "IT'S ABOUT HOW I CAN BE A BETTER MOMMY!" (And I wasn't kidding.) And yes, I did pick up on the irony right away.
And as an added incentive... Yes, friends, this is where the giveaway comes in! Welcome to our first ever sponsored giveaway!!! Thanks to Melissa at The Hair Pretties Mom, we have a great prize that will go to one of this post's lucky commenters. Melissa makes gorgeous bows of all shapes & sizes (and Lamb has her own mini-collection of Melissa's handiwork), but today she is sharing with us one of her other unique & beautiful creations: a designer baby wipes case! Check out some of the awesome options...
Aren't they fabulous? Some are fun, some are cute, some are trendy--and they are all great! :-) I tell you, your diaper bag isn't complete without one. And really, I have determined over the past 5 or so years that wipes are a very useful tool to have around even when you don't have a baby with you. These cases would be the perfect way to carry wipes in your purse, even if your baby days are done!
So what do you have to do to get a case of your very own? CONFESS! Tell me your mommy confessions, and you'll be entered to win one of Melissa's designer wipes cases. The winner can choose from one of Melissa's premade designs or get a custom-made case! Just think of the possibilities!
Here are the rules: You may enter as many times as you like. 1 entry per confession. (Please put each confession in a separate post.) The contest will end at 11:59 PM on Thursday, and random.org will select a winner to be announced on Friday. Your confessions can be sad, serious, crazy, creative... let's hear it! (And to be honest, my confessions were originally going to be slightly more serious in nature, but I've had an exhausting day and I'm feeling a little loopy. So what you get is what you got!)
So... confess away! And good luck!