Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dark & Twisty

In the past, my husband and I have referred to my emotional struggles as "feeling crazy."  We couldn't find a short way of encapsulating the complex emotions and physical feelings evoked during those times.

And then we realized that "Grey's Anatomy" had come up with the perfect description: Dark & Twisty.  Apparently I'm more like Meredith Grey than I realized.

All that to say... I have an incredibly busy day ahead.  Big stuff, exciting stuff, and also just a wee bit stressful as I try to fit it all in.  And in the middle of it all... I am dark and twisty.  I am literally paralyzed by my emotions and am still in my pajamas--and yes, I drove Lamb to school this morning in my PJs.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.  I don't have time for this.

I don't like dark & twisty.

That is all.

(PS - When I'm back to myself, I've got some fun stuff coming up, including some giveaways!  So stay tuned.  We will resume our regularly-scheduled programming soon...)

2 comments:

erin said...

Praying for you today, sweet friend. Wish you could be here in your jammies with us!

Love you,
Erin

ps. thanks for the continual transparency--I know it can be draining to empty yourself (no pun intended), but God IS using you.

Patti said...

I have referred to it as "brain-storm"....whatever we call it, it is hell, and I am praying for you, dear friend! A quote someone shared with me described it well- "there are dungeons in the castle of despair". Unless you've been there, that might sound dramatic, but believe me I know. But you WILL come through this!!!