Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Check me out! And other random ramblings...

Friends, I have something that I just have to share this morning... I am a guest blogger on A Perfect Lily!  I know that you have all heard me talk about Patti before and how fabulous she is, and you're all starting to wonder if I have a bit of a bloggy crush (I do), but I just have to tell you that I was so excited when she asked if I would be part of a week of guest bloggers on her site!  Thanks, Patti!  So head on over there and give me an ego boost, will ya?  ;-)  And if you're visiting from Patti's blog, welcome!  Feel free to stay and visit the zoo for a while.  You can read Roo's complete story here.  I am also starting to post the story of my adoption--so far I've just shared part 1 and part 2.

So in other random news, Roo has a second tooth!  It's on the top, and it's actually pretty far forward and kind of high up in the gums, so I think it was there for a while before I even saw it.  In fact, my mom called me one day last week (She was keeping the boys for me for a while.) and said, "Why didn't you tell me he has another tooth?"  I had no idea what she was talking about!  My little guy is growing up so fast!  He is also just ready to take off crawling at any minute... look out, world!!!

Oh!  We got CHICKENS!  No, I don't mean that there are new children in our family zoo and I've decided to call them The Chickens.  That would just be cruel.  No, we have ACTUAL LIVE CHICKENS in our backyard.  I fought this one hard, friends, but Mr. Fantastic won.  He and the big kids went out to my brother's last night (He's a farmer.) and picked up 4 hens.  They are fenced into a small corner of our backyard, and I haven't even seen them yet.  I hear two of them have been named "Brianna" and "Chickie Mo-Mo", and that they may be just a weeeeeee bit dirtier and smellier than originally thought.  (ha!)  So... anybody want some fresh eggs?  Swing by the zoo...

OK, I must run.  Today is a big, busy day, full of Easter shopping and meetings and making dinner for friends and running kids all over the place.  I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope to see you back here soon!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

So glad to have found your blog through our mutual friend Patti! Absolutely beautiful guest post!

The Holt's said...

I just read your blog post on A Perfect Lily and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I am almost ready to delivery my baby Isabelle who we were told 5 months ago that she will have DS. This pregnancy has been a spiral of emotions/anger/grief. Yesterday I was having a pity party for myself and wrote about it but today, has been full of encouragement and I got that as well from your post. Thank you so much for sharing and helping to open my eyes to the joy that Isabelle will bring to my family.

Jan said...

Yay for you! Can I say I knew you when... LOL. Chickie mo-mo is pretty funny btw!