Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kanga’s Story


A year or so ago, before "Down syndrome" became a part of my everyday vocabulary, I was working on a ministry that involved my own story. When Roo was born, that took a back seat because I was just trying to handle life with three small children. When he was diagnosed, it took a major back seat because I could barely keep my head above water. Then I started to get some ministry opportunities because of our experiences with Roo, and that seemed to take precedence.

Now, though, I'm getting some opportunities to pull from both my own life experiences and Roo's. It's amazing to see how God is weaving the threads of my life into a bigger picture. There have definitely been some ups and downs, but being able to use them all for His glory is such a humbling joy.

I've been debating for a while whether or not to repost my adoption story here. I know that blogs are supposed to have one major focus so that you can define your readership, etc. But let's face it, folks. I'm not exactly Pioneer Woman here. I think you select few devoted readers can handle me muddying the waters a little. ;-)

So that being said, tomorrow I'll be posting part 1 of my own little journey, and it will become a weekly feature here at the zoo until it is done. It's a wild ride, believe me. But I hope you enjoy going on it with me.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Your rides are always fun. Looking forward to it!