Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Weekend Zoo: Birthday!

It's time for the moment we've all been waiting for... Birthday party pics!!  We have had a weekend absolutely jam-packed with fun.

Friday was actually Monkey's birthday, and we celebrated by having some friends over for dinner, playing, and of course cake!  I tried my hand again at a cake, and I think it came out pretty well...

Big sister decided to wear her best dress to celebrate...


Monkey is hamming it up, as always...

There's a real smile!

We had quite a crowd around the birthday boy...



Then on Saturday we rounded up the family and did it again.  We had a smaller-than-planned turnout because of some nasty weather, but Monkey had fun all the same.  This time, we bought the cake.  I had planned to make a Batman cake (per Monkey's request), but then we saw this one and he just had to have it...  (Not sure if you can really tell from this picture, but it has dinosaurs and a volcano on it.  And Mr. Fantastic found sparkler candles, too!) 

How old are you, Monkey?

OK, I won't bore you with 5,000 pictures of my 4-year-old opening presents.  But it was a fantastically fun weekend, and now I am ready for bed!  You would think Monkey would be too, but I can still hear him messing around upstairs...!  Ah well.  He's pretty excited about our big weekend--who can blame him, really?

Don't forget: Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to enter to win a beautiful bracelet from MonkeyBuns.  It is perfect for you or to give as a gift for someone special!  (My birthday isn't until July, but I accept presents year-round. ;-) )  Please check out the Celebrating post to enter!

No comments: