Thursday, December 2, 2010


It's 5:30 in the morning, and am I sleeping like any reasonable person would be at this hour? No. Am I sitting quietly, reading my Bible, taking advantage of a quiet house? No. Am I up & at 'em, greeting the new day with a burst of productivity? No. It's 5:30 in the morning, and I am watching some ridiculously silly show called "Timmy Time" with my big kids.

This is the point in the movie of my life where there will be a flashback. Cue the funny music and the wavy screen effects. It all started about a month ago, when Lamb ran a fever for 5 days straight. Once it finally broke, she was left with a nasty cough that just hung on and hung on and hung on… until I finally took her back to the doctor and got her on antibiotics. She finished those just before Thanksgiving… and then woke up Thanksgiving night with a nasty ear infection. (She's still coughing too, by the way.) So as I mentioned before, we took her to the pediatrician on Black Friday, and now she's on a stronger antibiotic.

Meanwhile, Monkey and I have both had a stomach bug, and all of us have been fighting cold-like symptoms. And then on Sunday night, we thought Mr. Fantastic got soap or something in his eye… but no, it was pink eye. How do I know it was pink eye?, you ask. Well, I answer, because by Tuesday morning, Monkey's eyes were gross and hurting, so I took him to the pediatrician, where she also checked his ears, throat, etc, and said everything looked good. That was on TUESDAY. TWO DAYS AGO.

We were back in the pediatrician's office with Monkey WEDNESDAY morning, this time for an ear infection and strep throat. Seriously? Are there any germs we haven't had yet?

Oh, and I should also mention that Roo ate almost nothing on Tuesday, and then had diarrhea all day yesterday too, in addition to his stuffy nose and a yucky cough.

So finally we have both big kids on antibiotics (two different ones because Monkey is allergic to amoxicillin), and Roo went to bed for the night at 4:30 PM yesterday. (4:30 in the afternoon!!!) So we have it all under control, ready to start getting better, right?

Not so much. Both big kids woke up puking at 4:30 this morning! Mr. Fantastic and I both got up, helped change clothes and sheets, snuggled with the kiddos, and got them back to bed. But after doing that whole routine 3 times in an hour, I decided to give up on sleep and just turn on the TV for the kiddos.

And that is why I'm watching Playhouse Disney at some unreasonably early hour on a Thursday morning.

So I guess my real question is… who wants to come hang out with three sick kids so I can go to Wal-Mart and Kohl's this morning? Anyone? Anyone?

OK, enough. Sorry to just complain and leave, but… well, it's my blog and my therapy, so… :-p.

Hmmmm… maybe I should try to sneak in a nap sometime today… ;-)

No comments: