Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a difference...

For Roo's first birthday, I had these big plans to make a slideshow to share with you all, but I was a little overloaded at that particular point in time, and it just didn't happen. Then I had this great idea to make one for the one year "anniversary" of the date we found out that Roo has Down syndrome. I've been planning it in my head ever since.

And then... you'll never believe what happened next. I forgot about the anniversary. That day that I thought would be forever etched in my brain... it came and went just like any other day.

Down syndrome is part of our lives. It doesn't consume our lives. Wow... what a difference a year can make.

With every day that passes, I love that little boy more.  And I also see more and more how Roo is exactly who God created him to be... and what a blessing that is to the rest of us.

In case you're wondering, the anniversary date was June 15. I had to go look it up. And even though I technically missed it, I wanted to do something to mark its passing. I wanted to do something to celebrate Roo and our lives with him.

And so... I bring you this video. I have put far more time (and smiles and tears...) into it than I had originally planned, but I am so thrilled with the finished product. I hope you enjoy it...


4 comments:

Jen B said...

Love the video!!!!! Sooo cute!!!

cjsmomma said...

Beautiful!

Lisa said...

what a beautiful gift & a beautiful life!

Beth said...

So, now I have to clean the tear stains off the keyboard. (Don't tell Steve!)
Katy- this is beautiful. I am so blessed to just know you and your family!