Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Forward progress :-)

Yes, I know it's been a week.  And yes, I know I missed my adoption story installment.  And yes, I know I owe you a LOT more on my time in Mozambique.  But you're not getting any of that today.  In fact, you're not getting a big long post of any kind today.  Today I am here for just one reason.

ROO IS CRAWLING!!!!

OK, maybe "crawling" overstates it a bit.  It's not like he's zooming all over the house quite yet.  But this morning he CRAWLED.  He saw a toy, he got up on his hands and knees, moved one knee, then one hand, then the other knee, then the other hand, and so on... over and over until he got to the toy he wanted!

Have I always been this emotional?  I don't think so.  These tears are definitely new.

For the past couple of weeks he's been getting on his hands and knees, then lunging forward onto his belly, then pulling back up on his hands and knees, etc, to get wherever he wants to go. Then yesterday I saw him trying to slide his hands one at a time... and then today it just *clicked*!

I know I've said it before but... sometimes the milestones are just that much sweeter when you have to work so much harder for them!  :-)

1 comment:

Scott and Deb said...

Hooray for Roo! That's awesome!!