Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A few updates

Good morning!  I hope you're all having a fabulous week.  I am missing my Lamb while she's at school, but enjoying the new routine that we're (sort of) establishing.

So a few maintenance things... I'm making some changes to my blog.  You will see that I have added a few pages.  One is just a little intro to the zoo, and the other has the links that will take you through Roo's pregnancy/birth, the hospital stay, and everything up to his diagnosis.  That way new people can get caught up on our story.  I'm hoping to make some other changes to the look & feel of the blog in the next few days/weeks.

I'm also going to be part of a blogging series with a couple of other moms with little ones.  We'll be kicking it off on September 21, and we'll be talking about life with multiple youngsters.  I think we're planning to do our series each Tuesday, so keep an eye out for that.  In the meantime, I'll still be dazzling you with my wit and my glamorous life on other days as well.

Speaking of the blog series, my friend Jamey who put it together is currently doing a giveaway to help a family raise money for their adoption.  It's a cool blanket that she made--check it out.  It looks like the Ethiopian flag, because she herself recently adopted a little girl from Ethiopia.  (And of course, you can read more about her story on her blog as well.)  And for those of you who are wondering why Jamey gives cool homemade giveaways while I do gift cards & Glee albums... trust me, you don't want anything that I have sewn.

Non-blog updates...
  • Lamb is doing well with kindergarten.  Her first day was less-than-spectacular--I thought I sent her to school with a bad case of nerves, but later found out that she had a stomach bug!!!!  Poor thing!--but she has been enjoying it since.
  • THANK YOU to all who have asked about our latest round of blood tests.  We do not have the results yet.  The geneticist's office told us it would be 2-3 weeks, which means 4-5.  It has been 3 weeks, so hopefully it won't be much longer.
  • I'm helping with a new women's Bible study that starts today.  Yay!  I am so excited to be involved in this ministry and to be getting plugged in at church.
OK, I need to be out the door in about 30 seconds, my 3-year-old just had an accident (Hello???  Where did THAT come from???), and my 5-month-old is rethinking his decision to get up at 4:30 AM today.  Gotta run.  I will be talking to you soon.  Really.

1 comment:

_ said...

Thanks for mentioning the giveaway/fundraiser, Katy! I really appreciate it. The next time I'm "home" whenever that may be, I'd love to get together and catch up in person!