Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday

Today...

  • Roo got up at 3:30 AM
  • There is a large bees' nest in the ceiling above the boys' room (and the exterminator can't come until Monday)
  • My big kids were supposed to go to a sleepover that got rescheduled
  • I ran out of laundry detergent (and it's laundry day)
  • I took Lamb to the hospital for x-rays for some ongoing tummy issues
  • Monkey got disciplined for a meltdown over a sticker
  • Roo is running a fever, coughing, and not sleeping well
  • I fell down while standing still (yes, really)
  • I lost my patience with Lamb at bedtime. 
Must be Monday. 

And today...
  • I got to snuggle my baby, who normally won't sit still
  • I watched Lamb and Monkey put on a darn good puppet show
  • My parents graciously volunteered to keep my boys while I took Lamb to the hospital, even though my mom and Roo are both sick
  • My day wasn't run by laundry 
  • I went for a beautiful walk with my family on a new (to us) trail
  • My kids told me that I'm the best cook ever, even though I only served them cereal and leftovers all day
  • I am going to bed with a clean kitchen (this is a big one for me)
  • I am going to bed feeling loved and blessed, and knowing that God is in control. 
It may be Monday, but it's a good day. 

No comments: