Friday, November 18, 2011

Catching you up...

So it's been a little crazy here at the zoo, which I've come to realize is something called "life in our house." It is always crazy, and I don't really see any end in sight. So I probably need to stop thinking of it as being crazy and just learn to take a deep breath and go with it.

I feel like I have been a little lax in my posting lately. Honestly, there has just been so much going on! I don't even know where to start...!

First of all, Mr. Fantastic has been home more, which is heavenly. He typically works late one night per week, every Saturday, and has commitments another 1-2 nights per week. But he took off two weekends ago to go away for our couples' weekend, then took off this whole last weekend to work on projects around the house. And THEN he took off the whole day yesterday to work around the house, too! It has been SO NICE to get to see him so much--not to mention getting projects done!!!

And then there are the projects themselves. We are finally making some great progress on the kids' rooms! Lamb's room is cleaned and painted and getting decorated--I even found a super-cute desk for her on Craigslist yesterday for $20! In the meantime, all of Roo's stuff that used to be in that room is spread out all over our second floor. I am anxious to get it all put back together, and even more anxious when I think about what it is going to be like when we have to find room for all of Roo's stuff AND all of Monkey's stuff when it's time to do the boys' room...!

Also, I haven't really talked about this on here, but I have been given the tremendous opportunity to start and lead a new moms' ministry at our church. We will be starting weekly meetings in January, but we decided to have a few "kick off" events this fall. Our first was last week, and it was GREAT! Wow, what a fantastic turnout! We had told our kids' ministry to expect about 20 kids in childcare, and we ended up with 47!!! We have our second event in a few weeks, and I think we will have even more for that. It is exciting and amazing and fun, and lots of work. :-) Fortunately, I have a fantastic team that I am working with, and God has really blessed this ministry all along. But I still have LOTS to do, and when I stop and think about it for too long, my heart starts to palpitate a little...

On another note, I got a phone call last week from the school nurse. She said she was going to do routine vision screenings on the first-graders, and Lamb's teacher asked her to start with Lamb. Apparently Lamb had been having a hard time seeing the board, and she called to tell me that Lamb had done "very poorly" on the screening. Very poorly! How could she do "very poorly" when she hadn't even mentioned this to me?!? I was able to get her an appointment for that afternoon, and sure enough--her vision is 20/80 in both eyes! Geesh. But can I tell you, I have never seen a child THIS EXCITED for glasses! She was going crazy waiting for them, and was ecstatic when they arrived 5 days early. Here she is with her new accessory:



She also has a pink pair, which I think are even cuter, but they both look nice on her. And the whole way home on the night she got them, she kept saying, "Mommy! Do you see how big that truck is? Mommy! Did you see the words on that truck? Mommy! Look at that car!" I think she hadn't been able to see the other cars before--I had no idea!

And you know, there are so many bloggers out there who have every bit this much going on, and yet they write thoughtful, deep, daily posts... How do they manage that?!? I do not seem to be one of those people. Today, however, I managed to post... AND shower. Victory.

No comments: