So here's a little before & after look into Roo's diet:
Before -- 12-16 ounces of formula, mixed to 24 calories
After -- 12-16 ounces, a mixture of toddler formula mixed to 24 calories and whole milk
Before -- Baby cereal mixed with fruit, a total of 4 oz
- 4 oz of baby cereal (mixed with about 2 ounces of whole milk)
- 4 ounces of applesauce
- 1 scrambled egg, mixed with whole milk and shredded cheese
Before -- 1 jar of baby food, fruit or vegetable
- 1-2 jars of baby food
- Several bites of a banana or a cooked veggie
- An ounce or two of whatever meat we're having (chicken, ham, tuna, etc)
- 1/2 - 1 container of yogurt
Before -- 2 jars of baby food (one fruit, one veggie)
- Remember lunch? Repeat that, but add to it.
OK, so he actually weighs over 17 pounds now (No doing the math in your head, please. My current diet plan is to eat nothing but mangos & rice for two weeks in Mozambique... and sweat the rest of the weight off during that time as well...)--which is a gain of more than 1/2 pound in the last WEEK. And since roughly December, he had been gaining 1/2 - 1 pound per MONTH. Now that's what I call progress!
And for your viewing pleasure, a few shots of my & my babies on Mother's Day...