Thursday, March 6, 2014

It's the thought...

"Mommy! Mommy!!!"

Monkey is home from school today on doctor's orders. He has strep throat, but is really feeling pretty good. It's like a dream come true for a 7-year-old boy--you HAVE to stay home from school when you're feeling well enough to enjoy it. It's almost like you're getting away with something.

I was folding laundry upstairs when he came running, calling excitedly.

"You'll never believe what just happened! I was downstairs, and I thought, 'I need to do something nice for Mommy.' So I decided to play Mario Kart, but I picked YOU at the beginning instead of me. And guess what! I got first place--and I won you a new circuit AND a new vehicle!!!! And I did it just for you, Mommy, because you're such a great mom."

He flashed me a proud smile & a thumbs up, give me a wink (Where did he learn that?!?), and practically skipped back downstairs, so proud of his kindness.

Maybe he IS getting away with something.

No comments: