Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why I'm not where you are

If you don't "get" the title to this post, it's a reference to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, which just so happens to be a book that I recently read but absolutely do NOT recommend AT ALL. Really. I barely made it through the dang thing, and I refuse to take the blame for anyone else reading it. But every time I thought about writing this post, this is what came to mind and I just couldn't shake it.

(As an aside, I will probably still go see the movie when it comes out. At its heart, the story has a semi-cute plot line, and I'd like to see where Hollywood takes it. Plus it has Tom Hanks in it.)

So anyway, back to the real topic at hand, which is my neglected blog. I can't even begin to describe to you the chaos that has been my life for the past 6 weeks or so. And I have to tell you, there has been nothing hugely life-changing--no lottery wins, no tragic accidents, etc--but just a complete onslaught of one-thing-after-another, and I am having trouble keeping it all straight. Opportunities and challenges have been popping up all over the place. It is incredible, and intimidating.

I want so much to tell you about the rest of our trip to New York, about our Christmas, about my new ministry at church, about another opportunity that has come up for me, about Roo and how fabulous he is doing. But right now I am busting my hump from 5:00 AM until 10:00 PM almost every day, and I am not even managing to KEEP UP with the current level of chaos, let alone get ahead.

This whole experience has helped me to realize two things. 1-I think I get overwhelmed easily. 2-I just might need to clone myself... or at least rent "Multiplicity" again.

If you haven't already heard from my Facebook page, I did recently get the chance to blog about life with sweet Roo for the MOPS International "Momology" blog. You can find the blog here, and search for my posts (two of them). And thanks to so many of you who are reading this now, they have asked for more!!! I love the opportunity to share Roo and the things we are learning together with the rest of the world.

I do want to sit down and chat with you all more. I'm hopeful that I will get that opportunity soon, and can catch you up on all things Zoo. :-) I might even get to blog more today, as I snuggle with two sick kiddos and watch movies. In the meantime, let me just share a couple of quick pictures to tide you over...


No comments: