Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Instead...

Today my husband had to borrow my laptop for work.  While I was blogless, I wrote three or four absolutely fabulous posts.  In my head.  And now... unfortunately, my head seems to have lost them.  So you'll just have to take my word for how great they are--er, were.

Instead, let's leave the little emotional roller coaster we've been on lately and talk about something more banal.  A little banality never hurt anybody.  I'm pretty sure that's a famous quote, isn't it?  It is now.

So for tonight, you get some random thoughts from this head of mine...
  • I'm pretty sure my 5-year-old is attempting to see if she can actually make my head explode.  For the past few days she has been pushing the limits, testing every rule and statement from my mouth.  Today she ran ahead of me as we left a neighbor's house, and I called out to her not to go on the road.  She stopped riiiiiiiiight at the edge of the driveway............ then turned and looked at me........ and put one foot on the road.  Then back on the driveway.  Then back on the road.  Seriously.  Exploding head.  It's gonna happen.
  • Tomorrow I am spending pretty much the entire day with friends.  In the morning I'm going with two girlfriends to get manis/pedis, and in the evening I'm going with another friend to see "Eclipse" (finally).  Hopefully it will relieve some of the pressure in my head.  ;-)
  • My husband, who took my laptop ALL DAY (for work... ha!), is now threatening me if I don't give it up and let him play some Spider Solitaire.  So you're just going to have to wait for another day to hear more of the brilliance that is going on in my brain.
Have a good night.  More about Roo soon.

No comments: